The Management Group
- The Management Group at Bridgelea and its committees meet once a term.
- Members serve a four-year term of office and may seek to be re-appointed.
- Parents have the opportunity to stand for election as parent members and so become involved in the running of the school.
- The Management Group is also made up of a representative from the Local Authority, Staff Members, and other Co-opted members from the wider community and businesses.
- The members have a general responsibility for determining the policy and effective management of the school, acting within the framework set by national legislation and by the policies of the Local Authority. However, the Headteacher controls the day-to-day running of the school.
- Ultimately, the members answer to the parents and the Department of Education for the running of the school.
Governing bodies, (Which are similar to Management Groups), are required to publish on the website information about their members. Information is included on this page for all our members:-
- Full name
- Term of office
- Date of appointment
- Who appointed them
- Register of business and financial interests
- Governance roles in other educational institutions
- Any material interests arising from relationships between governors or between governors and school staff
- Attendance record at governing board and committee meetings over the last academic year