BIRCH 2022 - 2023
Hello and welcome to our class page for:
Ali Gaywood is the Class Teacher in Birch, along with James Crabbe and Lindsey Smith who are the Teaching Assistants.
Special Breakfast happens each week on a Friday where we give our certificates to our Rights Respecting Superstars and find out which Duty bearers have earned an extra special mention too.
Please try and read with your child regularly either online using Active Learn or using a reading book if you have requested one to be sent home.
HOME & REMOTE LEARNING:
Pupils have been given their login details to access our school learning apps at home. Please contact your class team if you need the log in details to be re-sent.
- Active Learn – https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- My Maths – https://www.mymaths.co.uk
- Purple Mash – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/bridgeleapupilre
- TTRS – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
To view any of the wonderful work that we have done in Class Birch, please refer to your child’s Class Dojo Class Story and Portfolio where you will find news, pictures and information about what they have achieved and how we have celebrated their achievements.
In Spring 1, we will be studying:
- ENGLISH: We will be looking at instructions in writing. We will also be reading “ The Tiny Seed “ by Eric Hall to link with our science learning, as well as following instructions from recipe books to make some wonderful creations.
We will also continue to have daily Phonics and Reading sessions.
We are also listening to Roald Dahl’s “ The Witches “ every lunch time.
In all our written work, we will also be using Colourful Semantics to help us improve our sentence structure.
- MATHS: We will be starting the half term by looking at number and place value. We will also focus our learning around Measure during the whole of the Spring Term.
- Make sure you go on Numbots and My Maths at home to do extra practice to help you.
- SCIENCE: We will be studying plants. We will learn to name and label parts of plants and recall how plants grow.