BIRCH 2023 - 2024
Hello and welcome to our class page for:
Class Birch - Spring 2 2024
Phil Heath is the Class Teacher in Birch, along with Lindsey, Sam and Chloe. who are the Teaching Assistants.
Special Breakfast happens each week on a Friday where we give our certificates to our Rights Respecting Superstars and find out which Duty bearers have earned an extra special mention too.
Please try and read with your child regularly either online using Active Learn or using a reading book if you have requested one to be sent home.
HOME & REMOTE LEARNING:
Pupils have been given their login details to access our school learning apps at home. Please contact your class team if you need the log in details to be re-sent.
- Active Learn – https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- My Maths – https://www.mymaths.co.uk
- Purple Mash – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/bridgeleapupilre
- TTRS – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
To view any of the wonderful work that we have done in Class Birch, please refer to your child’s Class Dojo Class Story and Portfolio where you will find news, pictures and information about what they have achieved and how we have celebrated their achievements.
In Spring 2 we will be studying:
- ENGLISH: We will following our Talk for Writing learning with Brian Bear's Picnic
- We will continue to have daily phonics lessons and the children read at least three times a week.
- In all our written work, we will also be using Colourful Semantics to help us improve our sentence structure.
- MATHS: We will start by looking at Number and Place value, Additiona and Subtraction and Money.
- We will also be focssing on times tables.
- Make sure you go on Numbots and My Maths at home to do extra practice to help you.
- SCIENCE: We will be learning about Living Things.
- GEOGRAPHY - We will be learning about What the weather is like in the UK?
- PE : We wil learning about Dance.
- RE : We will be learning about What makes places Sacred?
- DT : We will be learning about Wheels and Axles.
- PSHE : We will be learning about Mental and Emtional Safety
- Computing : We will be learning about Coding
- Art : We will be focussing o Printing throughout the term.
We continue to promotoe positve behaviour and will continue to give Dojo points, celebratory certificates and our weekly proze draw.