ASH 2023 - 2024
Hello and welcome to our class page for:
Havana Allen is the Class Teacher in Ash along with James Crabbe and Caitlin Bates who are the Teaching Assistants.
Special Breakfast happens each week on a Friday where we give our certificates to our Rights Respecting Superstars and find out which Duty bearers have earned an extra special mention too.
HOME & REMOTE LEARNING:
Pupils have been given their login details to access our school learning apps at home. Please contact your class team if you need the log in details to be re-sent.
- Active Learn – https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- My Maths – https://www.mymaths.co.uk
- Purple Mash – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/bridgeleapupilre
- TTRS – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
We access daily Little Wandle phonics everyday where the children learn to reignise, read and write new sounds. Home learning sheets will be sent home every Friday so that you can practise the learning for the week. To view any of the wonderful work that we have done in Ash Class, please refer to your child’s Class Dojo Class Story and Portfolio where you will find news, pictures and information about what they have achieved and how we have celebrated their achievements.
In Autumn 2, we will be studying:
- ENGLISH: Talk Boost will be introduced in Autumn 2 which is a 10 week interevention to help develop yours childrens' fundamental skills includng speaking and listening. Alongside this, the chldren will be engaging in some fine motor activities to develop their early writing.
- MATHS: We will be starting the half term by looking at number and place value and introducing 2-digit numbers. We will also focus our learning around fractions, specifically halves and quarters. Please refer to class dojo to see their wonderful work!
- SCIENCE: We will be exploring different habitats and looking at different animals and plants that live there.
- ART: Our focus for the whole term in Art will be Print, where we will learn techniques and methods to produce our own Print art work.
- DT: Our DT learning will centre on the topic a moving story book.
- PE: We are doing Dance this half term, learning how to use our bodies to express ourselves to musical accompany. We will try and use our Gymnastic skills from last term within our dance.
- RE: This half term, our discussions will be around the Jewish faith. We will also be learning about what makes some places sacred and what we can learn from sacred books.
- PSHE: The theme for this half term is RSE . We will learn about questions such as:- Who keeps me safe? How can I be kind?
- MUSIC: As a very musical class we will continue to learn about various instruments and songs that make us feel happy to support of our work in RSE.