Join our team!
We currently have a number of exciting opportunities for professional, dynamic and flexible L3, L2 and L1 Teaching Assistants to join our team. The posts are fixed-term until 31st August 2023. The successful candidate should be passionate about supporting young people in their learning, will enjoy engaging with our pupils and also demonstrate excellent behaviour management skills and an ‘inclusive ethos’.
Through high academic aspirations, an impressive culture and wide ranging extra-curricular opportunities, our School develops pupils into articulate, active and respectful citizens, ready to go out and do good in the world.
The right candidate should:
- know that teachers make the difference and that that teaching and learning is the ‘main thing’.
- possess excellent communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- motivate and inspire pupils and colleagues to achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Applications will only be accepted on the attached application form and references will be applied for at the shortlisting stage
- Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete
- We cannot accept CV's.
We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date if we receive a high volume of applicants.
In addition, as part of the shortlisting process schools and colleges should consider carrying out an online search as part of their due diligence on the shortlisted candidates. This may help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which the school or college might want to explore with the applicant at interview.
Working for us:
Bridgelea Primary School offers a variety of employee benefits, including;
- a commitment to continuous professional development for all employees
- membership to Schools UK well-being which allows employees to claim money back for a range of health expenses such as physiotherapy and counselling
- access to counselling, financial, legal and personal advice provided through either our Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including confidential 24 hour support
- Cyclescheme access
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) contributions and Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS) contributions
- Bridgelea Primary School has also chosen to adopt the national agreement for the Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC).
For this job we are looking for:
- Experience of working with or caring for children of a relevant age
- Numeracy/literacy skills (at a level equivalent to NQF Level 2)
- Completion of the Teaching Assistant Induction Programme
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working in the classroom
- Ability to use relevant technology eg photocopier
- Understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Willingness to undertake minor first aid training as appropriate
Bridgelea Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All applicants must be permitted to work in the UK and hold a relevant work permit where necessary.
If you have lived or worked outside of the UK in the last 5 years, Bridgelea Primary School will also require additional information in order to comply with safer recruitment requirements.
Any job offer will be conditional on the satisfactory completion of the necessary pre-employment checks including receipt of satisfactory references.