International School Award
The International School Award reward supports Bridgelea's commitment to embedding international awareness and understanding within our school. This also links to the school's work on the global goals. https://www.globalgoals.org/
As part of our intermediate international school status within Bridgelea we have partnered up with Progati High School which is based in Sylhet, Bangladesh. This is a very exciting link and will give our children a wonderful opportunity to find about life in other countries.
We are hoping that this link will lead to a number of shared experiences between our two schools. To start us off we would like every child to write a Pen Pal style letter which we can post to Progati High and start our cultural exchange. This will include information about their hobbies, interests, what they enjoy at school, favourite foods etc.
We encourage this by completing collaborative, curriculum-based work with a number of international partner schools and wider involvement in the wider community.
The International School Award is available in 16 countries and is well-regarded by school inspection bodies and ministries of education globally.
Pupils will develop:
- an increased knowledge, awareness, and tolerance about other countries, cultures, and languages,
- confidence in communicating with people from different backgrounds,
- more skills to successfully live and work in a global and mobile society,
- literacy skills when writing stories and letters for specifics audiences
- students begin to develop confidence with their foreign language skills.
Benefits for the school:
- an increased profile of the school in the local community.
- providing an extra dimension to student's learning and development that other schools may not offer.
- creating important links with schools abroad to exchange knowledge and skills.
- Supports cultural capital.