OUR GOVERNING BODY
- The Governing Body at Bridgelea and its committees meet once a term.
- Governors serve a four year term of office and may seek to be re-appointed.
- Parents have the opportunity to stand for election as a parent governor and so become involved in the running of the school.
- The Governing Body is also made up of a representative from the Local Authority, Staff Members and other Co-opted members from the wider community and businesses.
The Governors have a general responsibility for determining the policy and effective management of the school, acting within the framework set by national legislation and by the policies of the Local Authority. However, the Headteacher controls the day to day running of the school.
- Ultimately, the governors answer to the parents and the Department of Education for the running of the school.
- The Governing Body is part of the school partnership ethos at City of Manchester Learning Partnership (COMLP) which works voluntarily for the good of the school with the interests of the pupils as paramount.
From Sept 2015 Governing bodies are required to publish on their website information about their members. Information is included on this page for all our members:-
- their name;
- their category of governor;
- which body appoints them;
- their term of office;
- the names of any committees the governor serves on; and
- details of any positions of responsibility such as chair or vice-chair of the governing body or a committee of the governing body.
- Information on any associate members and any voting rights they have
- Register of Interest information.