WILLOW (12PM) 2022 - 2023
Hello and welcome to our class page for class Willow. In Class Willow, the teacher is Mr Murray and the teaching assistants are Ella and Chloe.
Special Breakfast happens each week on a Friday where we have lots of tasty food pancakes, scrambled eggs, toast, beans, lots of fresh fruit which the children love. We give our certificates to our Rights Respecting Superstars and find out which Duty bearers have earned an extra special mention too.
To view any of the wonderful work that we have done in Class Willow, please refer to your child’s Class Dojo Class Story and Portfolio where you will find news, pictures, and information about what they have achieved, for pictures please look on our schools twitter page.
Hello and welcome to our class page for:
Mr Murray is the Class Teacher in Willow, along with Kady and Jenni who are the Teaching Assistants.
Special Breakfast happens each week on a Friday where we give our certificates to our Rights Respecting Superstars and find out which Duty bearers have earned an extra special mention too.
We have Forest school on a Tuesday so don't forget to bring insuper warm coats each week and then we also have PE with Reo our Sports Coach on a Wednesday this half term , so make sure you have your trainers on those days please.
Please try and read with your child regularly either online using Active Learn or using a reading book if you have requested one to be sent home.
HOME & REMOTE LEARNING:
Pupils have been given their login details to access our school learning apps at home. Please contact your class team if you need the log in details to be re-sent.
- Active Learn – https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
My Maths – https://www.mymaths.co.uk
Purple Mash – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/bridgeleapupilre
TTRS – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
To view any of the wonderful work that we have done in Class Willow, please refer to your child’s Class Dojo Class Story and Portfolio where you will find news, pictures and information about what they have achieved and how we have celebrated their achievements.www.classdojo.com/https://
In Spring 1, we will be studying:
Week 1-2: Iron Man, narrative
Week 3-4: Rose Blanch, inform (Write a diary)
Week 5-6: RSE link - persuade
Week 1 -2 : Place Value and Time
Week 3-4: addition and subtraction
Week 5-6: Multiplication and Division
Week 7: Fractions, Decimals and percentages
Science – Materials (Y5) -
Pupils should be taught to:
· compare and group together everyday materials on the basis of their properties, including their hardness, solubility, transparency, conductivity (electrical and thermal), and response to magnets
· know that some materials will dissolve in liquid to form a solution, and describe how to recover a substance from a solution
· use knowledge of solids, liquids and gases to decide how mixtures might be separated, including through filtering, sieving and evaporating
· give reasons, based on evidence from comparative and fair tests, for the particular uses of everyday materials, including metals, wood and plastic
· demonstrate that dissolving, mixing and changes of state are reversible changes
· explain that some changes result in the formation of new materials, and that this kind of change is not usually reversible, including changes associated with burning and the action of acid on bicarbonate of soda
Art – Printing
© Bridgelea Primary School. All Rights Reserved. Website and VLE by School Spider