MAPLE (8AH) 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Maple Class! The class teacher is Ms Hughes and the teaching assistants are Ella and Callum.
In our class:
- Our Teachers and TAs are committed to encouraging and putting in place reading schedules every Monday to Friday. We have a great range of books for all our pupils and are always available when they want to access and read them. Our school books are also available to take to borrow home upon request and confirmed by the class teacher. we hope this will encourage and increase further reading knowledge for all our kids.
- P.E. sessions are once a week, lead by Reo (sports lead coach). This Term our PE day is Wednesday afternoon. This half term we will be looking at Basketball
- Special Breakfast is every Friday morning where we have a great range of tasty and healthy breakfast foods. We also celebrate our pupils' achievements throughout the week and our rights-respecting stars with certificates.
Our Learning Spring 2 2022
ENGLISH: We will be doing 1 week narrative work using the book 'Snow White in New York' by Fiona French, 2 weeks of Persuasion using the book 'The Cities Book' and 2 weeks of Informing using the book 'The boy Who Biked the World' by Alistar Humphreys.
In all our written work, we will also be using Colourful Semantics to help us improve our sentence structure.
MATHS: We will be starting the half term by looking at Division, Fractions, Data and Statistics, and then Time. Make sure you go on TT Rockstars and My Maths at home to do extra practice to help you.
SCIENCE: We will be studying Animals and Humans with a focus on Ageing. We will be learning about humans change over time. We will be looking at stages of life.
ART: We will be working with Jo our school artist and working on the skill of collage
DT: We will be making Food. We will explore and develop ideas in making a 3 course healthy meal.
COMPUTING: For the full Spring term, we are going to be studying Data and Multimedia. This term the focus will be blogging.
RSE: The theme for this half term is Changing Me. In Maple, we will be finding out about :
- What is puberty?
- How is a baby made?
- How can I understand my feelings? (the way the brain works)
- How can I challenge negative thoughts/feelings
RE: This half term, our focus will be on: What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britian today.
PE: We are doing Basketball. We will be Swimming every Tuesday morning this half term. Swimming is an important potentially life saving skill to learn.
Here below you can find our log in details for our remote learning
Times tables rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Purple Mash: https://www.purplemash.com/
Active learn: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/
My maths: https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
Class Dojo: https://www.classdojo.com/
Don’t forget to visit our Class Dojo page for more information about what your children are doing at school!