CEDAR (BP) 2020 - 2021
Hello and welcome to our class page for:
In Class Cedar, the teacher is Mrs Potts and the teaching assistants are Akilah and Sarah.
On this page, you will find information about our current Curriculum Vehicle and the learning we are doing in class this half term.
In Class Cedar, we have PE on a Wednesday so make sure you have your trainers with you.
Special Breakfast happens each week on a Friday where we give our certificates to our Rights Respecting Superstars and find out which Duty bearers have earned an extra special mention too.
Please try and read with your child regularly either online using Active Learn or using a reading book from home. You can also request a reading book from school.
Home Learning -
Pupils have been given their login details to access our school learning apps at home. Please contact your class team if you need the login details to be resent.
Active Learn – https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
My Maths – https://www.mymaths.co.uk
Purple Mash – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/bridgeleapupilre
- Diary entries
- Non-chronological reports
- identify that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition, and that they cannot make their own food; they get nutrition from what they eat
- identify that humans and some other animals have skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement
- describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans
- identify the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions
- construct and interpret a variety of food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey
- Traditional Food in Europe – North & South Hemisphere
- Differences between British Farming and Mediterranean Farming
HUMAN & PHYSICAL
- Is a river a food source?
- Features of a river
SKILLS & FIELDWORK
- What foods grow close to the equator?
- Plan a “Potato Journey” from farm to supermarket
- Making a plasticine fruit model- mixing colours to create different tones.
- Integrate digital images into artwork
- Edit or create images - using different media Can use marks and lines to show texture in art
1. Taking photos of fresh halved fruits.
2. Complete pattern by completing halved pictures -using different pencils and create different tones and textures
- Can describe how food ingredients come together
- Can weigh out ingredients and follow a given recipe to create a dish
- Can talk about which food is healthy and which food is not
- Knows when food is ready for harvesting
- Knows how to be both hygienic and safe when using food
- Can bring a creative element to the food product being designed
- How the making of food impacts on the environment.
- Cost of shipping from abroad