ASH (ED) 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Ash class!
On this page you will find information about our current Curriculum Vehicle and learning that we are doing this half term.
This half term our Curriculum Vehicle is:
Parents/Carers check out our class dojo page for all the latest videos and photos of your child learning all about Manchester. This half term we have chosen to focus on the green spaces in Manchester. Please remember to upload your own photos-we love to see what our amazing children are up to at home as well. We are always happy for you to contact us on Dojo if there's something you would like to celebrate that your child has done at home; if you've misplaced your ICT logins; if you need some support from us or if you have any questions/queries/comments you'd like to share with us
Lots of love, your Ash class team: Emma Davies, Emma Mynes and Charlie Mynes.
Please check out the objectives we will be covering this half term below:
In Ash class we love to share books and are beginning to read all by ourselves! This half term we will be continuing to use phonics readers to improve our reading skills as well as enjoying lots of food related rhyming books.
Pupils should be taught to:
- identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees
- identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees
Pupils should be taught to:
- observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy
Changes within living memory
- *Know that the toys their grandparents played with were different to their own (Y1)
- *Organise a number of artefacts by age (Y1)
- *Know what a number of older objects were used for(Y1)
*Know the main differences between their school days and that of their grandparents (Y1)
Historical events of people and places in our own locality
*Know the name of a famous person close to where they live (Lowry)
Range of Artists
- I can describe what can be seen and give an opinion about the work of an artist.
- I can ask questions about a piece of art.
I can use pencils to create lines of different thickness in drawings.
I can use three different grades of pencil when drawing.
I can use charcoal, pencil and pastel to create art.
Computer Science (Programming & Coding)
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions.
- Can build structures, exploring how
they can be made stronger, stiffer
and more stable
- Can explore and use mechanisms [for example, levers, sliders, wheels and axles], in their products.
Can describe how something works
Can explain what works well and not so well in the model they have made
- Can explain what went well with their work.
- *Develop Dynamics = Loud /Soft
- *Develop Tempo = Fast / Slow
- *Clap syllables
Listening and Appraising
- *Can move to music
*Listen to and identify male/female voice in music.
PE-discrete this half term.
- Move in time to music;
- Copy remember and repeat actions.
Compete, perform and evaluate